Updated: May 17
WHAT’S ALL THE FUSS ABOUT?
- CLAREFEST is a fun family day of music and entertainment for all the families of the school. There will be awesome bands playing TUUUUNES, bouncy castles, “Last Man Standing”, face painting, a dance workshop, circus skills, photobooth, festival merchandise, sweets and even ice cream!
HOW’S IT GOING TO WORK?
- On the day you will enter from Claremont Road and show your ticket at the gate. Once you’ve entered you’ll be given a CLAREFEST 2022 wristband which you will need to wear all day and use to re-enter.
- Within the festival, you’ll have the opportunity to buy food, drink and partake in the entertainment on offer.
- We will have toilets and rubbish facilities available (although we welcome you taking your rubbish home with you – bags will be available on the day).
- Entertainment stalls will be operated using a TOKEN SYSTEM (they will not accept cash or card payments). 1 token can be purchased for £1. Each stall will be marked with how many tokens you will need to use e.g. 1 token for a 5 minute jump on a bouncy castle. See the image at the bottom of this blog for full list
- Tokens can be purchased in advance (from the school playground during pick up the week before the event) or on the day (from the token stall near the entrance gate).
- We will be accepting – for the first time ever (hello 21st century) – CARD PAYMENTS at the Bar, BBQ and Token Stalls. The use of cash is being discouraged so please support us making this a cashless event.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
- Buy ENTRANCE TICKETS for all those wishing to attend before the day. Tickets sales will end at 12pm on Friday 20TH May . We have already sold nearly 700 tickets and only have 900 available so grab yours up from here before they’re gone!
- PLEASE VOLUNTEER your time to help set up on Friday afternoon / for part of the event on the Saturday / clear up on Sunday if you can. The more volunteers we have the more fun everyone can have! Please email Emma Butterworth if you can offer any time. Even 30 minutes on the day itself will make a difference.
BEFORE THE BIG DAY:
- CHECK THE WEATHER: We have put in a special request for sunshine and are keeping our fingers crossed but you may want to have wellies and waterproofs at the ready, as well as sun hats and sun cream!
- STOCK UP ON TOKENS which will be for sale from the school playground w/c 16th May during pick up. See image in this blog for the list of what stalls you will need tokens for on Saturday. These stalls will only accept tokens so buy yours in advance to save queuing on the day.
- You can also pre-purchase slots (£5 each) for the DANCE WORKSHOPS from the team in the playground at the same time.
The workshops will be
For years 2 - 6; 2.45pm - 3.15pm and 4.15pm - 4.45pm
For pre-school - year 1; 3.30pm - 4pm (under 4's will need adult supervision)
With a performance @ 5pm - 5.15pm
WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY:
- Appropriate clothing (once you’ve checked the weather),
- Something to sit on/under…a picnic blanket, camping chairs, umbrella, you may even want to bring your own gazebo if it’s looking like it’s going to rain all day.
- Something to drink out of it... e.g. a plastic cup, pint/wine/prosecco glass if you have one to help us minimise waste.
- Your contactless payment cards to help us run this as a cashless event for the first time ever!
Please do not bring your own food or drink (unless of course you have a specific dietary requirement) as a variety of food and drink offerings will be available to purchase and every penny raised from their sale, will go towards the PTA.
WHAT TO DO ON THE DAY:
- If you’ve done all the above then all that remains is to turn up and have fun!
- Please be your usual responsible and respectful selves. We are grateful to the school for lending us their grounds to host this event and intend to leave it as we find it.
- Help us by taking your own rubbish home with you. Rubbish bags will be available.
Thank you for supporting the PTA and we hope you have a wonderful time!