Search

PTA Meeting Minutes 28th April 2022

CLAREMONT PRIMARY SCHOOL PTA

PTA MEETING

28 April 2022, 7.30pm, The Claremont

Seven members constitute a quorum. See Table 1 at the end of report for full attendance and

voting record.

APOLOGIES: Candi Roberts, Sarah Seddon, Ben Dryland, Lucy Prior, Nicki Webb

1. Tonbridge Dragon Boat Race 7.45pm (Year 2 Dads attending – Seb and Adam)

The team have entered the race (4 th September) and secured the boat. Team are hoping to get

sponsored for the entry but team wondering if it could be something focused on raising funds

for something specific the school needs. E.g. IT, does the school need more iPads? Consider

promoting at Clarefest & Summer Fete – introduce the team, have a stand on the day (part of

the PTA stall). They also get a small marquee at the event so could promote PTA fundraising

Action 1 – CS to liaise with Julie Cook to ask for specific funding needs (e.g. IT / Outdoor

classroom).

Action 2 – allocate the Dragon Boat team some space at the fete / Clarefest and/or the PTA

noticeboard.

Action 3 - CS to set up a local giving page (inc. QR code) for fundraising.

Action 4 - Dragon boat team to try and get a sponsor (£500 for boat, £200 for tshirts)

Action 5 - CS to call out in weekly email for parents that work for organisations that may be

willing to sponsor and consider corporate matching for those parents that might be on the team.

2. Update from the Chair - CS

a) Scavenger Hunt £1700 raised inc. Winkworth sponsorship. Massive thanks to Kate Bourne

for all her hard work in leading and organising!

b) Easter very successful, raised £1450 (£950 profit), big thanks to LP for organising and the

team that supported, the children loved it!

3. Actions from Last Meeting (S’OM)

a) Teacher Rep - CS to follow up with interested party and CC to chase / ask internally if any

volunteers. – 17/05 update – still no interest. CC also advised that she would be stepping

down at the end of this academic year so we will certainly need someone from school

community for next year.

Action 6 – Teacher Rep: CC to keep asking within the school.


2


b) Events Licence – agreed that we should discuss and review the need for this when this

comes up for renewal and decide what the ongoing requirements are.

Action 7 – Committee to review Events Licence when comes up for renewal.

Action 8 - Agreed to set up a lessons learnt / mop up session after Clarefest so learnings could

be taken into Summer Fete.

Action 9 – Cinema Club – SW to discuss with school re. potential dates and chairs (due to lack of

benches). CC to discuss with Dominic Coulson whether he can still support the tech. *Risk

Assessment and Booking Form will need to be completed).

Action 10 – Second Hand Uniform Sales – first in person sale raised £151! Big thanks to Nicki

Webb. NW to use PTA Committee Whats App group to call out for help at in person sales next

time.

Action 11- Gardening / Allotment – BD to approach school as not for PTA to decide. (o/s action

from last month).

4) Financial Update – SF

£37,136.47 in bank account. £2,277.44 income (last calendar month). Outgoings £325

photobooth, and £462 Clarefest expenses imminent.

Action 12 - NJ and SF to meet separately to go through quarterly accounts and reconcile

everything to keep up to date (inc. Paypal).

Action 13 - SF to open a Revolute account for use of dollars if ever needed.

5) Urgent matters

a) Payment system / Tokens for events - SF

Sum Up is recommended Application. £29 for the machine, through any phone and multiple

phones £120 total approved by committee (please refer to Table 1 for voting record). Promote

use of cards (in comms prior to event) but have a cash float for bar and BBQ (just in case!).

Action 14 - SF to buy 3 machines and test it prior to Clarefest on different phones and networks

(on the school field!). SF to buy tokens. NW to use for Uniform sales.

Action 15 - EB to advise SF what float is needed for Clarefest as we may need to order money.

Tokens will be paper; can buy a roll and a holder. Token stall next to the entrance. Sell them on

the playground week prior, after publicising costs. £50 to procure paper tokens approved

(please refer to Table 1 for voting record).

Action 16 - EB to draft Clarefest blog with all the information (as above).

b) Annual Return – S O’M

Committee confirmed we don’t need independent verifier of accounts as less than £25k income.

Deadline is 22/6 to submit last years annual return.


3


Action 17 - SF to review and populate spreadsheet and CS and S O’M to submit into the website.

c) Events / Fundraising updates

a. Easter success – as above.

b. 2 nd  hand uniform – dates all agreed for rest of year.

c. Clarefest – EB – all in progress. No major items to minute (other than covered

above).

d. Summer Fete – CS – all in hand. CR raised issues about the bar at the Summer Fete.

CS and NJ to address with CR directly. Mark Lester has submitted events notification

to the council and awaiting response. Agreed ticket price Adult £2.50 on website, £3

on the day, exc. Tokens. Kids free.

e. Discos – CC - 2 x discos Year 5/6 (27 th May) and Year 3/4 (24 th June), consider doing

Year 1/2 (17 th June) £140 for DJ. 100 children max £6 per ticket. NJ to add to website

(Year 5/6 launch first) and need 7 volunteers from 2pm. Disco 3.30-5pm.

Action 18 - CS to check with Jodi how many events tickets should be put aside for those that

might need financial support to attend events.

d) AOB

a) Various proposals – CS

- Home pizza evenings : agreed this was not going to be progressed.

- Go Goosy – quick drying onesie. Offering £1 for every item sold – agreed this was

not going to be progressed.

- Boon – run e-bay type auction. Like a marketplace between parents. % will go to PTA

on each sale. Agreed good idea to progress.

- S O’M has now updated the Charity Commission website with all 4 trustees details

(Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary).

e) Next Meeting Date – Tuesday 14 th June (venue tbc)


Table 1 - RECORD OF ATTENDANCE & VOTING:

COMMITTEE MEMBER Attendance Vote – Sum Up 4 x card

machines £120


Vote – paper tokens £50


1. Claire Summers (CS) Y Y Y

2. Natalie Jolliffe (NJ) Y Y Y

3. Sara O’Malley

(SO’M)


Y Y Y


4. Sami Fotoohi (SF) Y Y Y

5. Emma Butterworth

(EB)


Y Y Y


6. Claudine Cerrini

(CC)


Y Y Y


7. Sarah Seddon N n/a n/a

8. Lucy Prior (LP) N n/a n/a

9. Sam Walker (SW) Y Y Y

10. Ben Dryland (BD) N n/a n/a

11. Candi Roberts N n/a n/a

12. Nicki Webb N n/a n/a

TOTAL 7 7 7


APPROVAL OF MINUTES BY CHAIR OF MEETING:

SIGN: C Summers

DATE: 25 May 2022

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

If you'd like any further information or have any questions on any of this please don't hesitate to get in touch. PTA Annual General Meeting CLAREMONT PRIMARY SCHOOL PTA 29/09/2021 – The Lodge 7pm PRE